Monday, December 24, 2007

do i believe in fairytale love?

There is something out of this world abour the way new love feels - the slight flush, the palpitating of the heart, the incessant gushing and the way your whole world is now focussed on only that one person. This feeling, commonly known as butterflies in the stomach, usually doesn't last for very long. While it does, it makes my world go round and round and keeps me dazed and entranced within its magical realm.

So what are we left with when this feeling goes? Is my beloved really The Beloved once I stop having the knots of anticipation?
When I was younger, I believed in fairytale love, discarding my beloveds once that magic feeling is gone. As time passed, I learned to hold on to being comfortable, knowing the bends and nuances of my beloved, relishing the familiarity as a different type of magic feeling - but is this the real true love, or simply a compromise?

I think I still believe in fairytale love, but I don't live in fairytale land.

No comments: