Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So Unpretty

I want to be thinner, prettier, hotter - more desired. These are probably drivers that motivate 80% of the western female population. Unless of course if you're starving, then I guess that's not really top of the priority for you.

For all my other achievements and talents, I am most obsessed about looking hot and perceived as desired. Shallow, pathetic but true. Ironically, I am not one to wear make up constantly and spend ridiculous amounts of time primming myself but I really really do care whether someone I meet thinks I am hot. Much more so than if that person thought I was smart (because in my conceited mind, I take that as a given!)

And so it really makes my day when a guy chats me up - its a real booster to my self esteem. So much for women's lib, I help take a step backwards.

No comments: