Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pitter Patter

The intoxicating smell of impending rain after a dry spell is one of my favourite smells. It is not very often that it comes along but when it does, I always make sure I get me a few good whiffs of it!

Today was such a day. I was lying in bed half asleep when my nose caught whiff and soon it started pouring hard. It was a real priviledge that I had the leisure of staying in bed today. What luxury! Pulling my doona over me while returning to sleep as it rained outside...

When I finally got up, I looked out at the 11am dark grey skies outside through the water running down the window panes. I love looking at the world through the cloud of the wet window. It is like the outside is trapped in a snow globe, and everything in it is so still.

No comments: